Information Governance 101
IG allows organizations to meet recordkeeping legal and technical requirements while maximizing the value and usability of organizational records and information records. It balances these two ideas through policies and procedures that make information valuable, useful, and compliant.
Goals of IG
Using technology, policy, people, and procedures to manage records and information. Key areas:
- ZRetention. Maintaining and preserving records and information as evidence for audits, investigations, or legal proceedings.
- ZCompliance. Good faith compliance with the letter and spirit of applicable laws and regulations.
- Z Value. Ensuring enterprise and stakeholders receive maximum value from your records and information.
- ZSecurity. Minimize and manage risk of loss, intrusion, unauthorized use, disclosure, modification, access, or destruction.
- ZSustainability. Promote sustainable practices that preserve integrity, authenticity, & usability of records & information.
- ZIntegrity. Maintain trustworthiness, accuracy, authenticity, and completeness of records.
- ZPrivacy. Ensuring compliance with legal and ethical considerations when processing personal data.
Don’t Let Information Challenges Become a Liability
The legal landscape for records and information is constantly evolving. Zasio helps organizations build records and information management and information governance programs to ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and transnational retention requirements. At Zasio, we stay current on industry trends and the law to offer state-of-the-art guidance catered to your organization’s needs.
Technology offers organizations efficiencies and opportunities that were previously unthinkable. Technology, however, also invites risk. Before you develop, purchase, or license, it’s important to consider the benefits and potential costs. Zasio helps organizations plan for emerging technologies in your IG practices.
The rise in the use of personal mobile devices by employees to conduct business is on the rise. Businesses need to gain control over official communications or work that takes place through those devices. We can help you keep up with techniques and strategies to ensure compliance. New mobile devices are coming out all the time, and we have our eye on these state-of-the-art devices so you’re never surprised or scrambling to update your program to accommodate them.
The decisions organizations make affecting large volumes of data can lead the unwary to an expensive and burdensome discovery process in litigation. By implementing a comprehensive IG program your business can reduce its exposure and streamline the e-discovery process. And we’ll be right behind you every step of the way.
The volume and velocity of data in our modern world is often costly to store and maintain. Further, the retention of unnecessary data, or data in a non-searchable format, can lead to organizational inefficiencies and even legal exposure. By implementing a wise and thoughtful IG program, however, you can be confident in what you have, where it is, and when to get rid of it.
The Building Blocks of Information Governance
Stay up-to-date with Zasio
News and Webinars
Product Releases and Updates
Conference and Event Announcements
Stay up-to-date with Zasio
News and events
Product releases and updates
Conference and event announcements
401 W. Front St.
Boise, ID 83702
A pioneer in information governance, we continue to expand our technology and consulting services to help businesses of all sizes maintain the highest records management and retention standards.